Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August 28, 2018

At this point, I don't know what to think of life anymore. I moved back to my hometown of Colorado Springs 6 weeks ago and blew my entire savings into getting into a room rental that is cheaper than anything I've lived in since San Antonio. But the job market is nowhere near as great as it is presented in the local media and government websites. I don't know how much of this is due to my bad history (i.e. the Goodwill fiasco in 2007, my lack of transportation since March 2018, and being banned for life from anything to do with the local chapter of the Salvation Army in January 2015).

I finally did secure temp work this week, at the successor to my longtime former Springs employer of SOS Staffing (which was the only Springs employer to give me a positive reference). But I won't see any income that could cover my monthly rent before mid-September.

I don't know what happens next. I have no money to cover non-rent expenses. I don't expect the landlord to accept rent 2 weeks late, especially because that is longer than the unpaid rent time required for eviction. I've tried most of the charitable organizations and even GoFundMe, to no avail.

I don't expect to blog again anytime soon because I don't know if I can survive this after a combined 6 months of homelessness so far this year.

No comments: