Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15, 2013


Another day, another job rejection in Colorado Springs. But the over-the-phone interview I had on Monday with a Randstad recruiter in Missouri has led to another appointment in Austin, TX next Wednesday. At this point I have to move- even if the Texas offer wasn't valid, I don't have enough money or unemployment to keep residing in that motel on the west side of Colorado Springs. So much for attempt #4 to live here. I should know by the middle of next week where I might be working or living. When I do figure out when the Sandy evacuation odyssey from Rockaway ends, I'll resume posting here.



And it's Lent now, which means I had no food on Wednesday and must abstain from meat every Friday until after Easter. I wonder if giving up life in your hometown qualifies as giving up something for Lent? But then 2000 years ago, people were giving up their livelihoods, their families, their homes for something greater- and got ridiculed, arrested, tortured, beheaded, and crucified for it.

No comments: